.............................................................................................................................................

ABOUT ME.         PORTFOLIO.         FACEBOOK.         INSTAGRAM.         PINTEREST.
.............................................................................................................................................

220116













i actually kind of have a B.A now!  our collective exhibition was few weeks ago and i was so amazed by how many people came and how the looked at my work with such intensity. i luckily got my own room to show my piece "si grito ojalá que me escuchen", if i scream hopefully they'll hear me. i couldn't believe my eyes when i saw that there were so many people looking at my work that at some point i couldn't even enter to the room. my work was about testimonials of sexual harassment being interpreted by me as a photographer and artist and also by actresses in video form. turned out i was one of the very best grades and also got the best grade with the catalog i made about my piece. i'll share it with you soon. also i'll share the photographs which were part of the piece. it's hard for me to express my thoughts in english but here is a little something about my project so you can read what it was all about.

"In this installation the testimonies of sexual harassment act as a tool to speak about a linguistic problem related to the use of criminological terminology such as testimony, evidence and crime scene, and as well it makes us to question about the limit between the fiction and the documental.  This piece questions the concept of testimony as such when the information that’s been delivered to the spectator is being manipulated. There rises a question about if the veracity of the image is less important than what it causes in the public.

What happens to the testimony when it’s interpreted by several people however without changing its original content? At first it’s is narrated by the victim, recorded by the artist, written out and converted to the format of a cinematographic script and finally read by a third person. Is it possible that the testimony maintains its informative value without losing its veracity even though it’s interpreted by several people in several different ways?

The piece “If I scream hopefully they'll hear me” doesn’t approach the problem of testimonies of sexual harassment in a documental nor journalistic way if not in a subjective, personal and artistic way. What matters the most are the feeling caused by the visual material when it’s being exposed next to the testimonies."

2 comments:

  1. Impressive! I'm can't wait to see more of your work. You had chosen a very hard topic, but it looks like you managed to work with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much zu! for a long time this topic had been in my mind but just recently it occurred to be to work on it. i didn't want it to turn out too activist or exaggerated without downplay the issue. it's hard. i'm glad you liked it! i'll post more detailed description of it soon.

      Delete